Saturday, April 1, 2017

A Day Well Spent But Too Short....

I woke up at 6:30am today.  I never heard the Beast get up and he didn't wake me but I think I must have heard him leave.  Otherwise, there was no reason to wake up.  Dennis didn't get up with him either and was sound asleep on the bed.  I thought that was actually funny since he is usually the Beast's shadow and even sleeps with one paw on the Beast's leg.

With me, he cuddles up to my neck and his hot breath wakes me up a lot but I guess he was just plain tired today.  He slept even after I got up and was moving around.

I didn't feed him until around 9:30am and he ate like a little pig but at least he's neat.  He cleans up everything.  I went out and got myself a little darker toner for my hair.  It was just too light for my skin color (and my age!).  I also treated myself and bought some of the hot wings I like and had those for my lunch.  Later in the afternoon, I got salad hungry and had a nice bowl of salad.

The Beast never met up with his sister.  She and her friend didn't even wake up until around 12:30pm and *had things to do to close up the condo*.  She figured they wouldn't hit Huntsville area until around 9pm.  At that rate, it will take them 3-4 days to drive back to Chicago....LOL.  So he didn't wait around for her.

He bought some Breakfast bread and made us some of his really great French toast using it.  It tasted really great.  It has nuts and fruit in it and, with the way the Beast makes the batter, it was pure luxury to eat.  But, it was a bit of a disappointment that he was home by 6pm instead of the 9 or later time that it would have been if he had met up with his sister for dinner.  Oh well.  

I did hear him tell his brother he intended to come up to Chicago to visit so I have that hope in the future.  I just hope he isn't planning on traveling with me up there at the end of June.  

Well, I am tired.  I've been up all day long since it was nice this afternoon so I played out back with the dog for a bit and never did take a nap.  I also talked with Diane for a while and she wants to go out to lunch on Tuesday or Wednesday next week.  She even told me to ask Cee if she wanted to go with us.  I'll have to call her and talk to her about that.

Love you all.  I hope you have a great day.  ***Hugs***

No comments:

Post a Comment