Friday, April 7, 2017

A Long Wait....

Today was my CT scan and I got there about 20 minutes before my scheduled appointment.  Ha! Ha! Ha!  Talk about hurry up and wait....sheesh!

Usually they are very quick and efficient.  Today was a different story.  Of course, my doctor was partly to blame for not telling me he had ordered it *with contrast*.  It requires that I get a BUN and Creatnine test plus he ordered a SMAC24.  The BUN and Creatnine test had to be run and the results given to the tech that gives the CT scan.  I gather that tells him something important that might require adjusting the dosage of the iodine or something else important.

I waited over an hour and a half for the tests to be run before the tech got the results and finally came to get me.  Then the nurse asked me questions that they already have the answers to on their computer.  I had to correct the medication list they had since I no longer take the Plavix or full strength aspirin and they didn't have my IBS-D medication listed.  Then the struggle to insert a catheter for the iodine contrast solution.  Yikes!

The first nurse blew two veins on me.  Typical.  She got another nurse to make the attempt and she was finally successful but....  When she pulled the end cap off in order to flush some saline into it, the blood gushed out like crazy.  She did manage to get it stopped and then put a different cap on it until the tech got me hooked up with the saline and iodine solution.

The scan itself took less time to accomplish than it took to get the catheter in.  I kid you not.  As soon as it was done, I was out of there and on my way home.

I picked up Chinese for dinner from our favorite place.  I love their egg fu yung.  Especially the gravy.  Their egg rolls are also yummy.  We use our own mustard and duck sauce for them, however.  I made us some egg drop soup (it's really easy to make) and we also had some sweet/sour pork.  Talk about being full!  

My bff, Carol, sent me two cases of protein shakes.  I was shocked to see that they each had 35 g of protein in each drink.  Only 170 calories and 7g of sugar.  But they also have 100% of the recommended daily calcium requirement.  She said she researched the drinks and this brand was the best AND had the most positive comments.  I tried one after dinner (remember the doctor wants me to drink TWO of them every day) and the flavor (Frosty Chocolate) is on the mild side but it improved when the drink was chilled when I had one later.  She says *we* can try other flavors later....LOL!

Time for me to get back to bed.  I just woke up to use the bathroom (I got almost four hours straight of sleep!) and remembered I hadn't done my blog for the day.  It was nice and sunny but a cold wind killed what might have been a really great day.  We have high wind warnings tonight until 7am AND patches of frost predicted.  Oh well!  But 70 degrees warm tomorrow for  a high.  Each day for the next four days it is supposed to get warmer until we hit 80 by Wednesday.  Can Spring really be here this time?

Love you all.  Be happy.  Take the time to have a few laughs today.  It's healing and also enjoyable.  *wink*  ***Hugs***

No comments:

Post a Comment