Monday, April 10, 2017

Tomorrow The Results And Recommendations.....

My appointment tomorrow is at 8:50am.  Isn't that a weird time?  I actually verified it three times since my hearing is getting so darn bad.  I wasn't sure if I heard that right or not but when I said the numbers, the nurse assured me that was correct.

She also said the doctor has been using the first hour or two, depending on what he *has on his plate*, of his day at this office, is set up to discuss test results and options.  He apparently had to start doing this now that his practice has gotten so  large.  I know that every time I go in, I see two or three new patients filling out the forms required.  He's a good doctor and I know that we all love him for his excellent demeanor and skills.  We recommend him to anyone that needs his kind of services.  

I shouldn't be gone long.  At least, I hope not.  I have to get back here as soon as I can because the Beast will be gone (out with his church group) and we still don't dare leave Dennis alone for long.  We don't want him chewing up anything like more scatter rugs, pillows or bedding.  Oh lord, and I hope he doesn't start on the furniture.  We aren't sure if he suffers from separation anxiety or not.  At least, we aren't certain he does.

I was checking out how much hearing aids are and almost had a heart attack.  They are expensive!  The vainer you are, the more you pay.  By that, I mean like my gf, Diane.  She has two hearing aids that you really cannot see when they are inserted in her ears.  They are incredibly tiny and fit down into the ear canal so that they are NOT visible unless you look right down into the canal.  She paid....gulp!....$3500. EACH for them.

Of course, she is a (ret.) psychiatrist and made really good money so that wasn't a big deal to her but, my god!  That's still a hell of a lot of money.  I understand why people wear the hearing aids you can see easily.  Those are a bit more reasonable.  A bit.  They are still expensive.  One of the *girls* from my group that I went to HS with, has one that she paid $1000. for a couple years ago.  Nothing special and she hides it pretty well with her hair.  However, I am afraid I may need two of them.  I really need to get my hearing tested but it kind of scares me.   I do have a tough time hearing what people are saying a lot of the time.  I know I need it.  I probably don't hear about half of what is said to me.  I hate to keep saying, *I'm sorry but you need to talk a bit louder.*

It got up to 78 today the last time I checked.  It was really nice out with almost no breeze and bright, sunny clear skies.  I saw a hummingbird outside today, looking for my feeder.  I guess I know one thing I will have to do tomorrow when I get home.  I know where one of them is but have to search for the second one.  I think the Beast put that one somewhere and I forgot to ask him if he remembers where he put it.  Ahh, heck.  He more than likely doesn't so I will just have to check around and, perhaps, just buy another one.  I have to put out two because the males are not nice to the females that try to feed.  They get kind of possessive about this one that I have.  It must me more attractive to them or something.  Until they are sated, they will chase other males away from it.

The females don't even try to use it unless the males are done for the day.  They just go to the second one automatically.  They will share with other females.  We gals are just nicer, even in birdland....LOL.

One year, I put out three feeders for the hummingbirds.  I got the third one because of all the babies that started showing up.   They were so cute but they had to have one with little perches.  I worried about them getting too tired while they were learning to feed at them.  They did use the perches, too, so I think that was a good idea.  Last year, we didn't seem to have as many little ones as we did the year before.  I hope we get more this year.  I love to watch them.  It's a real trip because they will hover in front of our faces once they get used to us again.  That was always fun while we sat outside to have our coffee.

Well, time to get to bed.  I have to get up early if I am to make the doctor's office on time.  I need to get my motor going with a couple of cups of coffee in me or I feel crummy.

Love you all.  ***Hugs***

No comments:

Post a Comment