Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Questions And More Questions.....

I saw my vascular doctor today as planned.  What I got was a lot of questions from him.  Was I having any problems or was I worried about eating anything?  Did any particular food give me any problems?  How did I feel in general?  Was I putting on any weight at all?  And on and on.  

I really thought he would tell me what the Doppler showed but he just said that he was ordering a CT scan on my abdomen and pelvic area plus my legs so that he could check on how everything was.  He said if it showed that the narrowing that was found (which he didn't necessarily feel needed any intervention) was not interfering with my digestion, then nothing more would need to be done except to monitor it.  That was kind of a relief to me.  I was worried about more damn surgery and, since I am not having a problem that I can discern right now, I really was against any suggestion of that possibility.

I have to see him in two or three weeks and he wants me to eat a lot of protein between now and then.  No skipping meals.  He says I look too thin and, when I told him I had lost 16 lbs in the hospital, he was shocked.  I only weigh 116 lbs right now and he says he wants me to gain at least 4-5 lbs between now and when he sees me again.  So eat I must.  I am also supposed to drink at least one protein drink each day (he would prefer I drank two!  Has he priced those things lately?  They are NOT cheap!)

So, tomorrow is the lunch with Diane.  I didn't go to Cee's house after my doctor's appointment partly because I was a bit depressed after meeting with the doctor and also because I had gotten up late, rushed around and hadn't taken my pills before I left.  When I don't take my IBS-D pills first thing, I suffer for that and I really didn't want to have to deal with that.  Or have HER have to deal with that either...LOL!

Well, I've taken my shower and set my hair.  It's almost bed time for me so I will bid you all good night.  Have a great week.  ***Hugs***

No comments:

Post a Comment