Thursday, April 6, 2017

Chewlee Gets To Visit....

Johnnycakes was a pallbearer at his great-uncle's funeral today and the Princess called the Beast to see if he would pick up Chewlee from school.  Of course, he did and she came into my computer room to give me a hug and tell me that she missed seeing me.  She loves the new house but says she liked when they lived closer to us so she could see us more often.  I told her that I really did miss her, too.

She was in a nice, chatty mood and I was struck by how tall she is getting.  She bragged to me that her feet were now bigger than Sheepie's.  In fact, Sheepie gave her some shoes that were a little big on her and Chewlee said they fit her to a *T*.  She said one or two of them were actually a bit tight.  

She got her hair trimmed, which was a shame but she said it doesn't take much for her to wash it any more and it doesn't get all tangled up now.  It's hard to believe she will be 10 years old at the end of next month.  It seems like such a short time ago that we were changing her diapers or she was waiting on the front steps with me for her bus to go to school at 6:30am.  She's now in fourth grade and school will be out in a short time for summer vacation.  

When the Princess got here to pick Chewlee up, Gunner was sound asleep in the car so it was a quick hug and kiss from Chewlee and they left for home.  It was almost 3 hours that she was here but it went so fast!  

Tomorrow I get my CT scan and then I will see my doctor on Tuesday.  At 8:50am!  Isn't that a weird time?  I'll be there early, regardless, since there are usually a few no-shows that early in the morning.  I'll be anxious to hear what the CT scan showed.  I'll be sure to let you know when I find out.

My allergies were in full swing today since it was so darn windy.  The Beast forgot to latch the gate for the back yard so, when I let Dennis out to do his duty, he took advantage of the fact that the wind had blown the gate wide open.  I discovered him out front but he did come in the house after I called him.  He knew he wasn't supposed to be out front because he went right into the bedroom and laid down with his head away from the door.  I think he thought I was going to yell at him but, because he came when I called him, I just let him be.  He's learning.

The wind was both cold and fierce.  The weatherman said the gusts were around 40mph.  I believe it.  It sure kept the house cold every time the door was opened.  The heat just leached out.  I spent a lot of time underneath the electric blanket....LOL.  I do NOT do well in cold weather.  Or windy.  Not with my allergies.  I do a lot of sneezing and blowing my nose.  I'll be doing that for the next few months.  Ugh!

Well, time to get to bed.  I'm tired.  I'll just finish up this protein drink I have and hope for a good night's sleep.  I've actually been getting 3 hours or more sleep at a time before I have to get up and use the bathroom.  Progress!  

Spend some time with those people you love and who also love you.  Life is too short to waste on negative people or those with unforgiving hearts.  Be happy.  ***Hugs***
 

No comments:

Post a Comment